Business Development Lead
Zeus Jones is looking for a Business Development Lead.
You love: meeting new people, building relationships, discovering opportunities and piecing together complicated puzzles. You thrive on: trying new approaches, keeping what's good and dumping what's not, and knowing that each conversation will require something a little different from you. You're looking for: the opportunity to shape the vision for a unique role, the chance to work across categories and disciplines, and the excitement of helping to grow a thriving business.
We are a creative workplace that values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from any personal or professional background. If you find fulfillment by growing your mind and experience across many types of challenges, sometimes clearly defined and other times ambiguous and needing to be crystallized, this could be the environment for you.
The day-to-day job (as best as we can define it):
- Own the process of how new business gets done at Zeus Jones; you'll start by helping to redefine it and your role within it.
- Serve as the first (and main) contact for many of our new client relationships; connect our expertise with their needs in a way that's engaging and makes them excited to work with us.
- Understand the ins and outs of our business and know our capabilities and case studies as if you wrote them yourself — which you might, eventually!
- Collaborate with others on optimizing how we tell our story; identify gaps in our case studies and storytelling.
- Be the keeper and enthusiast of new business best practices.
- Partner with others to respond to RFPs (Request For Proposals), but take a lead role in pulling together responses, interfacing with client procurement systems, and making sure we've ticked all the requirements and then some.
- Utilize Hubspot and other platforms to keep track of the new business pipeline.
- Develop new business KPIs and regularly report on how we're doing.
- Gracefully hand off relationships to working teams as clients transition out of the new business process.
- Participate as a member of Nostos Network, a community of best-in-class companies with complementary skill sets and diverse industry expertise in which Zeus Jones is a founding member.
- And, eventually, we want you to have a vision for building a new business pipeline beyond what comes to us naturally. You won't have to take this on at day one, but it should be something you're excited to think about.
The mindset we're looking for:
- Thrives on meeting new people
- Collective ambition - motivated by the work and the community, not a job title
- Open mind - a natural curiosity alongside a willingness to find new solutions
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with others
- A self-starter, who can determine the path forward with support from others
- Flexible, agile mindset; comfort with ambiguity
- Hybrid skills that both sharpen and evolve w/ time
- Culturally immersed
- Self-aware, Self-reflective, Self-advocate
- Belief that business can have a positive impact on the local community and the world
- 5-7 years in a similar role; we are looking less for a sales expert and more for an expert relationship-builder (but would be thrilled to have both)
- Fluent in brand, business, marketing, and innovation terminology
- Exceptional time management, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability and desire to work within a team
- Proven ability to play many roles and have the flexibility, foresight and initiative to jump In wherever necessary - a true utility player
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets (Numbers or Excel) and presentations (Keynote or PowerPoint).
- Excellent professional communication skills including verbal and written
We are headquartered in Minneapolis, MN but employees can live anywhere within +/- 4 hours from Central Standard Time.
Salary range is $80K-$100K with the option to negotiate higher based on experience. Unlike other sales-type roles, we do not offer commission as part of compensation.
Zeus Jones offers a strong culture, ability to work on a wide range of tough-to-crack but super-fascinating business problems, and opportunity to grow alongside a set of industry-leading colleagues. In addition, we provide medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with employer match, unlimited PTO, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, work from home reimbursements, and generous paid parental leave.