Zeus Jones is looking for an experienced creative futurist.
What is a creative futurist? Someone who has passion for and experience in exploring the future - and telling engaging stories about the possibilities.
Your work could apply to the future generally and to specific business categories. You are a natural storyteller and lateral thinker who understands business, culture, brand, and opportunity. You lead projects and influence output with an eye toward shaping brand trajectories in ways that align business needs with societal impact. You are a pathfinder who consumes, incorporates, and distills disparate information into clear and powerful ideas about what a company could become.
We are a creative workplace that values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from any personal or professional background. If you find fulfillment by growing your mind and experience across many categories and business challenges, this could be the environment for you. You would join the team as a Creative, working with others who have complimentary and overlapping creative skillsets (art direction, narrative building, writing, concepting, etc.). And on projects, you'd work alongside our other disciplines - Production, Design, and Strategists.
The day-to-day job (as best we can define it):
- Work on complex global projects in collaboration with others, from co-workers to client CEOs.
- Dive in with incomplete information and find momentum; ask questions and seek answers.
- Imagine and build future ambitions together with our clients, facilitating workshops, engaging with a (Zoom) room of senior leaders.
- Use future-back thinking - a desire to imagine the world we’d want, and the ability not only to think about how we might get there, but also to bring others along through your depiction
- Work to refine and realize ambitions into reality.
- Partner with clients to present ideas and stories in a compelling way that reinforces the value of the work and continues to add additional depth and detail to the idea as it evolves.
- Go deep and stay on projects as a strong partner to clients, strategists, designers, and producers through to completion.
- Balance multiple projects and tight deadlines, collaborating deeply with people from multiple disciplines along the way.
The mindset we are looking for:
- Conceptual. Able to shape bigger ideas from bits of smaller ideas using imagination and strategic thinking.
- Curious. We are imagining the future and what it means for business.
- Flexible. We are not a process-driven company. We are an ideas-driven company, which means the process evolves to fit the ideas.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You probably won’t ever receive a job description or a project brief.
- Tech-forward. Loves experiments, new technology, new ways of thinking about technology
- Social good oriented. Wants to solve real world problems, not just create flashy experiences.
- Able to make critical decisions with incomplete (or conflicting) information.
- Equally comfortable working alone and with others.
- Observant, constantly listening to what people say and what they don’t say.
- Restless. We rarely work on the same project twice.
- Nimble. This is a fast paced environment that changes quite a bit.
- Minimum of 5 years working in creative concepting, creative writing, experiential services, creative tech, video/film development, etc.
- Strong verbal skills, strong writing skills, and excellent interpersonal relationship-building skills
- Experience leading large client relationships, as well as navigating client feedback without just taking direction
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience creating ideas based on loose, or undefined inputs
This job is currently a remote position. However, as the COVID-19 situation evolves we will continue to evaluate if/when we’re able to reopen our office.
Salary range is $70,000 - $120,000 depending on experience.
Zeus Jones offers a strong culture, ability to work on a wide range of tough-to-crack but super-fascinating business problems, and opportunity to grow alongside a set of industry-leading colleagues. In addition, we provide medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with employer match, unlimited PTO, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, cell phone bill reimbursement, and generous paid parental leave.