Zeus Jones is looking for our next designer.
You’re an ambitious, empathic, self-motivated leader that can thoughtfully solve problems through design, but interested in solutions that go beyond branding. You’re passionate about what you do and are constantly seeking new ways to improve your craft and expand your skillset. You fearlessly approach your work while compassionately pushing toward the future.
We’re a creative workplace that values diversity and inclusion. If your ambition is to grow within your discipline and beyond it, then this is the place for you.
The day-to-day job (as best as we can define it):
- Apply a human-centered approach to solving business and social challenges.
- Bring perspective, passion, and ownership to every project.
- Revel in the details of creating new brands and/or designing within existing ones by bringing together type, color palette, illustration, iconography, etc.
- Work collaboratively with project and client teams, as well as between designers. Nothing is precious. We share projects and hop in and out of each other’s work to help each other out.
- Bring rock-solid core design skills to any problem, even when there is little process in place.
The mindset we’re looking for:
- You thrive when you have room to be entrepreneurial, to recognize gaps, and do what needs to be done, rather than waiting to be told
- You’re comfortable with not having all the answers, tenacious enough to try to figure it out, and humble enough to ask for help
- You approach problems with a designer’s mindset and attention to craft, but you want to help solve problems that extend beyond just design
- You have a curiosity that pushes you to continuously challenge yourself and others to grow.
- You ask hard questions and inspire new ways of thinking and creating.
- You embrace uncertainty and complexity and making sense of them to reimagine the future.
- You bring a cultural point of view to your work—one not limited to your own experiences.
- A minimum of 6-10 years in a design-focused role.
- An ability to lead projects and teams.
- An understanding of strategy, usability, interaction, and visual solutions.
- Current working knowledge of design applications.
- Experience presenting ideas and sharing work with clients, as well as navigating client feedback to the finished product.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team, and participating in more than the design components of a project.
- Experience working on several projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team.
This job is currently a remote position. However, as the COVID-19 situation evolves we will continue to evaluate if/when we’re able to reopen our office.
Salary range is $80,000 - $110,000 with the option to negotiate based on experience.
Zeus Jones offers a strong culture, the ability to work on a wide range of tough-to-crack but super-fascinating business problems, and the opportunity to grow alongside a set of industry-leading colleagues. In addition, we provide medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with employer match, unlimited PTO, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, cell phone bill reimbursement, and generous paid parental leave.