Zeus Jones is looking for an experienced program manager to join our team of Producers.
Program managers make an art out of navigating complexity — carving multiple paths forward, coordinating across large teams, roadmapping toward outcomes, and creating scaled change through a series of connected projects and initiatives. It’s about being the first one to see a looming opportunity, and to define that and make it a reality. It’s untangling a mess, solving the puzzle, and doing it in a way where you not only understand all the bits and pieces, but you also present it to others in a way that’s easily digestible. It’s a role that can see both high and low. You track the project’s ambition, see around the corners, pick up on the nuances of client conversations. You also go deep, stay entrenched with the team and ultimately shape the work through core areas of expertise. These core areas could be digital, user experience, data and analytics, operational management, program development, product innovation, etc.
Zeus Jones is design and innovation company, operating at the intersection of a management consultancy and a creative agency. We’re a creative workplace that values diversity and inclusion and encourage applicants from any personal or professional background. If you find fulfillment by growing your mind and experience across many categories and business challenges, this could be the environment for you. You would join the team with the job title of Producer, working with others who have complimentary and overlapping production skillsets (creative production, product development, brand innovation, etc.). And on projects, you'd work alongside our other disciplines - Creative, Design, and Strategists.
The day-to-day job (as best we can define it):
- Work hand-in-hand with clients to identify paths forward for solving complex problems. This will include identifying new opportunities, developing project approaches, defining core objectives and deliverables, as well as outlining timelines and associated costs to meet these goals.
- Drive creative and effective problem solving and decision making, while building teams and inclusive culture simultaneously (bring everyone along)
- Collaborate with and support diverse stakeholders, including client teams, ZJ employees and external partners to work towards achieving project goals.
- Define new opportunities and ways to push the work.
- Sift through ongoing messy, complex problems, and define multiple ways forward.
- Work closely with other Producers to define deliverables and assets to produce, including but not limited to digital experiences, apps, sites, events, products, etc.
- Be a champion for the team and the project. You thrive off of keeping people motivated and getting shit done.
The mindset we are looking for:
- Collective ambition - motivated by the work and the talent around you, not a job title
- A leader who knows how to find the path forward.
- Flexible, agile mindset; comfort with imperfection and iterative progress.
- Curious and culturally immersed.
- Self-aware, self-reflective, self-advocate. We don’t have typical management structures, so growth is supported, but also self-guided.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You won’t ever receive a more detailed job description (than this), a clear project brief, or a personalized growth plan.
- Observant. Constantly listening to what people say and what they don’t say.
- Restless. We rarely work on the same project twice.
- Nimble. This is a fast paced environment that changes quite a bit.
- 3+ years of program management experience or similar role. We tend to hire senior talent but are open to less experienced talent with a driven, mature mindset
- Product Management, project management or client management experience
- Exceptional leadership, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Able to anticipate, to get a birds eye view, and to orchestrate the details flawlessly
- Working knowledge of digital marketing, branding, innovation and experience design
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis through May 30.
Salary range starts at $70,000 with the option to negotiate based on experience.
We are headquartered in Minneapolis, MN but employees can live anywhere within +/- 4 hours from Central Standard Time.
Zeus Jones offers a strong culture, ability to work on a wide range of tough-to-crack but super-fascinating business problems, and opportunity to grow alongside a set of industry-leading colleagues. In addition, we provide medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with employer match, unlimited PTO, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, work from home reimbursements, and generous paid parental leave.