Zeus Jones is looking for 2-3 strategy leaders with significant industry experience to join our team as business expands. To be considered, you must have 10+ years of experience partnering with clients to solve their most complex brand and business challenges.You are a natural leader and an ambitious, empathic thinker who understands business, culture, brand, and opportunity. You lead projects and influence output with an eye toward shaping brand trajectories in ways that align business needs with societal impact. You are a pathfinder who consumes, incorporates, and distills disparate information into clear and powerful ideas. You have the ability to tell a story using various inputs, including primary and secondary research, data analysis, cultural understanding, and your own point of view. You don’t rely on process, but instead, lean into creativity and strategy fundamentals to scan the market, imagine ambitiously, and collaboratively create future-forward opportunities.
Although you may have experience managing people, Zeus Jones is a flat hierarchy so you will be expected to be deep in the work here - not managing, but visioning, leading, collaborating, navigating. There will be opportunities to mentor and model but not necessarily train and manage.
We are a creative workplace that values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from any personal or professional background.
The day-to-day job:
- Lead complex global projects in collaboration with others, from co-workers to client CEOs.
- Dive in with incomplete information and find momentum; ask questions and seek answers.
- Design and lead research studies, then analyze, get to insights, and take action.
- Imagine and build future ambitions together with our clients, facilitating workshops, engaging with a (zoom) room of senior leaders.
- Work to refine and realize ambitions into reality.
- Go deep and stay on projects as a strong partner to clients, creative, design, and production through to completion.
- Balance multiple projects and tight deadlines, collaborating deeply with people from multiple disciplines along the way.
- Partner with clients to present results in a compelling way that reinforces the value of the work.
The mindset we are looking for:
- Curious. We are imagining the future and what it means for business.
- Flexible. We are not a process-driven company. We are an ideas-driven company, which means the process evolves to fit the ideas.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You probably won’t ever receive a job description or a project brief.
- Able to make critical decisions with incomplete (or conflicting) information.
- Equally comfortable with both data and people.
- Equally comfortable working alone and with others.
- Observant, constantly listening to what people say and what they don’t say.
- Restless. We rarely work on the same project twice.
- Nimble. This is a fast paced environment that changes quite a bit.
- Minimum of 10+ years working in business leadership, business strategy, product strategy, experience/service design, brand strategy, digital consulting and strategy, management consulting, or marketing leadership roles.
- Strong verbal skills, strong writing skills, and excellent interpersonal relationship building skills
- Significant experience leading client relationships, as well as navigating client feedback without just taking direction
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience creating approaches based on loose, or undefined objectives
- An understanding of different types of research methodologies and how and when to apply them
We are headquartered in Minneapolis, MN but employees can live anywhere within +/- 4 hours from Central Standard Time.
Typical salary range is $110K-$150K with the option to negotiate based on experience and location.
Zeus Jones offers a strong culture, ability to work on a wide range of tough-to-crack but super-fascinating business problems, and opportunity to grow alongside a set of industry-leading colleagues. In addition, we provide medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with employer match, unlimited PTO, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, work from home reimbursements, and generous paid parental leave.
Applications accepted now through October 15. Please make sure you meet the requirements before applying.